Saturday 4 February 2012

My FMP

For my FMP, I have decided to take part in the Penguin 2012 competition, doing a book cover for Puffin's Grimm's Fairy tales! But obviously this isn't enough for a 16 week project, So I have decided to do 2 more book covers for a couple of the well known grimm's fairy tales, the ones I have chosen to illustrate are Rapunzel and Cinderella.

Along with the book covers, I am hoping to make some book marks using similar imagery which I will create.

As Rapunzel and Cinderella are both princess storys which attract little girls, I was hoping to also make things such as birthday cards and wrapping paper, creating characters and patterns.

I don't want to be too literal with my imagery, but again I don't want to go completely metaphorical or off top as the books are ment for younge children so they need to illustrate what the stories represent.

The main Grimm's book cover will be more of a challenge as I will need to encorporate differeont elements from a few stories as there are many different ones, but I think I will mostly work with the more well known ones, such as Tom Thumb, Hansel and Gretel, Red Riding Hood, Sleeping Beauty, Rumplstiltskin, etc.

I want my 3 book covers to have similar imagery, showing that they are part of a set of covers, so you can tell they were done by the same illustrator, being me of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment