Monday 28 February 2011

123- Part 1

'Less Is More'

Yes yes, I know it's a very simple quote, that people have heard many times before, and many people may possibly use this as a great piece of advice, but for me, this is a great piece of advice. Through out my years of doing art/ textiles/ graphics and now illustration, I have always tended to cram elements and different things into my final pieces. I don't know why I do it, 'cause sometimes I know it doesn't look great, I think It could possibly be due to the fact that I am a very messy worker, I never tend to create a 'pretty' piece of work. But so far this year, I have heard the words 'white space' so many times that I am trying my best to encorporate this into my work and try out some new ways of playing with composition. I have also never been great at composition, not sure where to put things or how to place them, but the phrase 'less is more' is helping me to choose chertain things to put in my images instead of cramming everything in all at once. So hopefully, for the rest of my 2nd year and 3rd year I can learn to create images which are not so crazy and full and calm myself through my work, trying to create pieces that people will hopefully remember and enjoy to look at!

No comments:

Post a Comment