Tuesday 1 November 2011

Portfolio Visit 2 (email)

I emailed T.S spookytooth and a quick response was given asking me to send some JPEGs of my work, and heres the response!


Dear Rebecca,
Thanks for sending these over; I think they are good. I really like the Killer Fashion piece, it shows a strong visual solution to an editorial brief. If there's any advice I can give, it's to just keep drawing and experimenting.
In my third year of Uni I was nowhere near ready to begin getting commercial commissions. Don't feel rushed to be ready. I know there is a pressure to leave Uni and hit the streets looking for illustration work.
Remember you need to stand out from the crowd, so when you promote your children's book to publishers think of an imaginative way to give it to them so they stand up and take notice when it arrives on their desk.
Do some black and white work as well as many illustrators make a solid living from this area.
Keep producing work, the more you produce the better you'll become, it's that simple.

Good luck with it all.

Do you think you could send me some of the briefs that the university sets you?
It'd be good to get an idea of how these are presented to undergraduates.

All the best and keep in touch.
T.S

No comments:

Post a Comment